The Pebbles Project seeks to employ a Talent Manager to be based in Stellenbosch.
Pebbles Project reserves the right not to fill this vacancy and African candidates may be given preference in line with Employment Equity targets.
If you have not been invited for an interview within 4 weeks of submission, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this position please click here
|Job title||Talent Manager|
|Position reports to||Chief Administrative Officer|
|Requirements||● Diploma/Degree in HR Management or Industrial Psychology|
● Monitoring and Evaluation experience
● Experience worked in a NPO sector advantageous
● 5 years’ experience in a similar role
● Sound knowledge of the principles and practices of HR management
● Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
● Excellent planning and organising skills
● Must possess advanced conflict management skills, and be detail-oriented, highly organised, and able to work under pressure in a time-sensitive environment
● Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
● Problem-solving skills
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Must produce a clear criminal check
● African candidates will get preference in line with EE targets
|Qualities||● Must be sensitive to the role of People Management in creating and maintaining a positive and productive work environment.|
● Must be agile and resourceful in providing solutions.
● Must be committed to the maintenance of a diverse and inclusive work environment, with transparent, fair, and impartial labour practices.
|Critical performance areas|
|● Sourcing Talent|
● Onboarding and Induction
● Skills Development and Training
● Employment Equity
● Employee Wellness
● Organisational culture
● Performance management and goal setting
● Succession planning
● Staff retention and Employee Benefits Programme
● Volunteer and Intern Programme
● Monitoring and Evaluation
|Purpose of Position|
|This position is responsible for attracting, selecting and retaining employees and to promote a positive workplace culture.|
● To source talent to create a consistent flow of highly-qualified talent into the organisation.
● Support the recruitment and selection process.
Onboarding and Induction
● To welcome new employees with a prepared onboarding pack and an office tour.
● To arrange an induction programme with the new employee.
● To introduce new employees to their team members.
● To provide new employees with manuals, guidelines, and passwords, as needed.
● To train new employees on the online HR Workforce Management system.
Skills Development and Training
● To source training programmes and suitable training providers.
● To collaborate with line management to identify training needs for the organisation.
● To keep records of training invoices and training certificates for statutory reporting.
● To monitor learnership contracts and invoices.
● To manage skills development administration such as the annual Workplace Skills Plan and Annual Training Report.
● To assist with bursary applications, appointments and administration.
● To take overall responsibility for the submission of the Pebbles Project’s Employment Equity Report and Employment Equity Plan.
● To play an active role in the Employment Equity Committee.
● To keep a record of meetings, and continuously identify/address potential employment equity barriers in the workplace.
● To act as the Equity Manager, drive Employment Equity and diversity in the organisation, and create awareness.
● To grow and maintain the employee wellness programme, which includes a range of initiatives for the benefit of employees’ physical and mental health, work-life balance, medical replace with Health services and safety at work.
● To eliminate stigma by creating awareness in the organisation regarding mental health.
● To provide resources on mental health and wellness.
● To arrange team building days with the internal employees.
● To create opportunities per programme or department to strengthen teams.
● To create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
● To create a platform where employees understand how their duties contribute to the organisation’s overarching goal.
● To create and foster an environment and culture of collaboration in the workplace.
● Develop strategies for managing and achieving diversity in the workplace.
Performance Management and Goal-Setting
● To oversee and manage all activities related to performance management cycles.
● To guide managers and employees with goal setting for self-development and improvement.
● To design performance improvement plans when required and to counsel employees requiring such a plan.
● To identify critical skills within the organisation and develop action plans for individuals to assume those positions.
● To find ways to retain top talent within the organisation.
● To find successors for key employees when they exit the organisation.
Employee Benefits Programme
● To formulate staff retention strategies that will improve employee engagement and retention.
● To provide counselling and a debrief session to all employees when required.
● To administer employee engagement surveys and analyse data for recommendations.
Volunteer and Intern Programme
● To interview and vet all volunteers and interns.
● To place volunteers/interns in specific programmes and assign mentors.
● To draft a volunteer/intern contract and job description for approval by the Chief Administrative Officer/Chief Operations Officer.
● To plan an induction programme.
● To assist the EAP Manager with providing internship opportunities for EAP young adults within the organisation.
Monitoring and Evaluation
● Monitor performance management system to drive high performance amongst employees.
Protecting babies, children and young people from child abuse and neglect is integral to the work of the Pebbles Project
Policy Information The Pebbles Project Trust has zero tolerance of child abuse. Protecting babies, children and young people from abuse and neglect is integral to the provision of services we deliver to these children and their families. It is a core responsibility for all Pebbles Project staff.