The Pebbles Project seeks to employ a Skills Development Centre Coordinator to be based in Stellenbosch.
Pebbles Project reserves the right not to fill this vacancy and EE candidates may be given preference in line with Employment Equity targets’ you have not been invited for an interview within 4 weeks of submission, please consider your application unsuccessful
|Job title||Skills Development Centre Coordinator (SDCC)|
|Position reports to||Early Adulthood Programme (EAP) Manager|
|Requirements||● Tertiary qualification in Education, Development Management, Psychology, Business or any other relevant fields|
● A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
● Experience in youth development, career guidance and skills development are essential
● Fluent written and spoken Afrikaans and English
● Strong report writing skills and experience
● Ability to work independently and as part of our great team
● Ability to work flexible hours (some weekends and evenings occasionally)
● Ability to teach basic computer literacy
● Valid driver’s license (The position requires the candidate to obtain a code 10 license)
● A high level technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
|Working Hours||Monday to Friday, from 08h00 – 17h00 Weekends, when required|
|School Holidays||Aligned with the WCED holidays (at the organisations discretion)|
Critical performance areas
● Centre Management
● Programme Development and Delivery
● Curriculum Development and coordination
● Managing the Facility
● Monitoring and Evaluation
Purpose of the Position
The SDCC is responsible for the management of the Skill Development Centre. This includes the implementation of all programmatic activities, the development of curriculums, teaching delivery, ensuring the successful placement of young adults, creating opportunities for workplace exposure and providing the needed interventions and support.
● To take overall responsibility for the general upkeep and maintenance of the premises.
● To take responsibility for the daily operations of the centre.
● To ensure effective communication with parents and young adults.
● To oversee the Health and Safety.
● To coordinate all administrative duties for the centre.
● To ensure all protocols, policies and procedures are implemented.
● To perform any additional duties, as requested by your line manager or senior management.
Programme Development and Delivery
● To ensure all programme initiatives and its activities are executed in alignment to the Pebbles Project Framework.
● To develop, review learning material and curricula, and to teach learning content.
● To plan and execute projects (market days, exhibitions, open days and more).
● To place young adults in appropriate vocational, skills or tertiary educational institutions. (Including internships, learnerships and employment opportunities)
● To support young adults to adapt to a tertiary environment or workplace by providing them with opportunities to enhance their work readiness skills.
● To source and maintain partnerships with service providers.
● To identify and implement entrepreneurial activities.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
● To research trends to improve the delivery of initiatives and incorporate relevant new methodologies.
● To assist with the tracking of young adults’ progress.
● To assist with the data management and identifying trends.
● Ensure timely sharing of M&E information to the management systems.
Protecting babies, children and young people from child abuse and neglect is integral to the work of the Pebbles Project
Policy Information The Pebbles Project Trust has zero tolerance of child abuse. Protecting babies, children and young people from abuse and neglect is integral to the provision of services we deliver to these children and their families. It is a core responsibility for all Pebbles Project staff.