The Pebbles Project seeks to employ an HR Officer to be based in Stellenbosch. The Pebbles Project reserves the right to not fill this position and EE candidates may be given preference. If you have not been invited for an interview, please consider your application unsuccessful. Closing date – 20 May 2022
|Job title||HR Officer|
|Department||Admin – Human Resources|
|Position reports to||HR Manager|
|Minimum Requirements||• Must have relevant tertiary qualification in Human Resource Management or Industrial Psychology|
• 3-5 years’ experience in administrating and coordinating a combination of Human Resource programmes/processes
• Previous experience in the submission of Annual Training Reports, SETA and Employment Equity Plans would be very beneficial
• CCMA and Industrial Relations Experience would be advantageous
• NPO experience advantageous
• Fluent in both Afrikaans and English
• Must have a valid driving license and own reliable transport
• Ability to work independently and as part of our great team
• Ability to work flexible hours (some weekends and evenings occasionally)
• Attention to detail, ability to plan and prioritize work, meeting deadlines to successfully deliver range of programme outcomes/deliverables
Critical performance areas
• Recruitment Selection and Induction
• HR Policies and Procedures
• Employee Records
• Payroll Support
• Disciplinary Action
• Employment Equity
• Employee Wellness Programme
• Training and Development
• Employee Exit Procedure
• Volunteer and Intern Programme
Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for assisting the HR Manager with the full function of Human Resources for Pebbles Project.
Recruitment Selection and Induction
• To coordinate the recruitment and selection process for new internal and external employees. This includes drafting job descriptions, advertising new positions, the interview process as well as completing contracts and any other relevant paperwork.
• To plan and coordinate a thorough induction process for all new employees. This includes but not limited to arranging assigned assets, Employee handbook and declarations signed by employee, induction videos, adding employee to necessary contact lists etc.
• To assign employee to cloud-based HR Workforce Management system and provide training.
HR Policies and Procedures
• To inform the HR Manager of new policies and procedures that need to be implemented in order to comply with labour legislation.
• To assist HR Manager with reviewing and updating the Pebbles Project Employee Handbook on an annual basis, and ensuring that all employees have signed the relevant policies and procedures.
• To take responsibility for ensuring that all employee records are complete and current.
• To check all employees against the National Child Protection Register.
• To prepare any relevant letters/documentation related to status changes. (e.g. changes in salary, working conditions, working hours, benefits and/or other agreements), to be approved by HR Manager.
• To inform the Payroll team of any status changes related to Payroll for the current month with supporting signed documentation for processing.
• To assist the HR Manager with coordinating disciplinary and counselling process of all employees, and sourcing appropriate chairpersons for disciplinary hearings when required to do so.
• To draft any documentation related to disciplinary action.
• To assist the HR Manager with the submission of the Employment Equity Report.
• To assist the HR Manager with drafting the Employment Equity Plan.
• To take minutes of all EE meetings.
Employee Wellness Programme
• To grow and maintain the employee wellness programme, which includes a collection of initiatives for the benefit of employees’ physical and mental health, work-life balance, medical services and safety at work.
Training and Development
• To take overall responsibility for the training and development of all employees.
• To track the training budget.
• To draft work-back agreements when required.
• To compile and submit the Workplace Skills Plan and Annual Training Report when required to do so.
Employee Exit Procedures
• To liaise with employees who have either resigned, or been dismissed, in order to finalise all relevant paperwork and ensure a smooth exit process (this includes but not limited to: termination/resignation letter, final payslip, leave balance pay-out, exit interview, handover of duties, return of resources/ equipment, and transfer of employee files/data etc.).
Volunteer and Intern Programme
• To interview and vet all volunteers and interns.
• To do reference checks.
• To place volunteer/intern in the specific programme.
• To draft volunteer/intern contract and job description for HR Manager approval.
Protecting babies, children and young people from child abuse and neglect is integral to the work of the Pebbles Project
Policy Information The Pebbles Project Trust has zero-tolerance for child abuse. Protecting babies, children and young people from abuse and neglect are integral to the provision of services we deliver to these children and their families. It is a core responsibility for all Pebbles Project staff.