The Pebbles Project seeks to employ a Health Promoter to be based in Stellenbosch to commence employment on 1 March 2023.
Pebbles Project reserves the right not to fill this vacancy and EE candidates may be given preference.If you have not been invited for an interview within 4 weeks of submission, please consider your application unsuccessful
To apply for this position please click here
|Job title||Health Promoter|
|Position reports to||Health Service Manager|
|Ordinary location(s)||Stellenbosch Head Office|
|Requirements||• Tertiary qualification in Community Health Work and or Home-Based Care|
• Three years of working experience
• Fluent in Afrikaans and English
• Computer literate
• Clear Criminal Record
• Code 8 Driving License
• Must have own reliable transport
• Working hours are Monday to Friday, from 08h00 – 17h00.
Critical performance areas
• Health Education
• Support Service
Purpose of Position
To provide health education and support services to agricultural communities.
• To promote healthy lifestyles within the broader community by providing individual or group health education.
• To prepare and develop health education materials or resources appropriate to the community’s health needs.
• To build the capacity of clients to take care of their health, their families, and their communities.
• To promote health care services within the community.
• To conduct and deliver inputs to health promotion programme planning and evaluation.
• To perform basic health assessments.
• To support the implementation of the Health Care Service Programmes.
• To conduct home visits.
• To navigate referred clients and assist them as needed.
• To report any abnormalities and concerns observed during home visits or during health education to the CNP.
• To liaise with farms and other programmes and services.
• To maintain a record of all health education, including participant information.
• To organise and plan all health education workshops and home visit logistics.
• To comply with the POPI Act and guidelines regarding the confidentiality and security of personal information.
• To assist and support the fundraising team with visits, social media posts, suggesting exciting content and providing relevant photos.
• To perform ad hoc relevant duties as assigned by the Health Service Manager and/or the Clinic Team.
Protecting babies, children and young people from child abuse and neglect is integral to the work of the Pebbles Project
Policy Information The Pebbles Project Trust has zero tolerance of child abuse. Protecting babies, children and young people from abuse and neglect is integral to the provision of services we deliver to these children and their families. It is a core responsibility for all Pebbles Project staff.