The Pebbles Project seeks to employ an Administrator to be based at the Pebbles Project Hemel-en-Aarde Education Project. The Pebbles Project reserves the right to not fill this position. If you have not been invited for an interview after 4 weeks after submission, please consider your application unsuccessful. EE Candidates may be given preference.
To apply for this position please click here
|Department||Primary Education Programme (PEP)|
|Position reports to||Principal|
|Ordinary location(s)||Hemel-en-Aarde Education Project (HEAEP)|
|Requirements||● Preferably a Diploma in Administration or any related field|
● 3+ years’ work experience will be advantageous
● A minimum of three years’ work experience in the NPO sector
● Fluent in written and spoken Afrikaans and English
● Must have a valid driving licence and own reliable transport
● Must be prepared to obtain a code 10 driving license and drive a passenger vehicle
● Advanced computer skills
● Ability to pay attention to detail, plan and prioritise work
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Skilled in handling relations with staff, parents, learners, regulatory bodies and the public
● Strong problem-solving skills
● Proven Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead team members and get results through others
● Clear criminal record
|Qualities:||● Grit: Persistence through challenges|
● Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally
● Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the Pebbles Project mission to provide excellent education and services to agricultural communities
● Self-Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
● Capacity: Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
● Values: Service, Persistence, Achievement, Responsibility, Kindness
Awareness: Knowledge of working with learners from rural/agricultural communities
Critical performance areas
● Facility Management
● Health and Safety
● Staff Management
● Stakeholder Engagement
● Fleet and Logistics
● Project Culture
Purpose of Position
The Administrator is responsible for all administrative tasks at the Pebbles Project Hemel-en-Aarde Education Project. The Administrator works alongside the Principal to lead effective communication, ensure functional administration and daily operations, and ensure effective organizational and project-based structure implementation.
● To oversee project-based administration.
● To manage service agreements with service providers and ensure services are rendered timeously.
● To ensure the implementation of all laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
● To ensure compliance certificates remain up-to-date.
● To manage and implement management systems (internally and externally).
● To take responsibility for financial management, including but not limited to, the effective management of fees, petty cash, purchasing, statements and the application of the financial policy.
● To manage project-based inventories.
● To take responsibility for learner enrolment and registration.
● To assist the Chief Operations Officer/Chief Administrative Officer and the Programme Managers with the collection of relevant and appropriate data
● To perform any additional ad-hoc duties, as requested by the principal, programme managers and senior management.
● To take responsibility for the facilities maintenance, repairs and upkeep.
● To monitor the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas.
● To oversee the maintenance of the lawn, vegetable garden, pruning trees and play areas.
● To ensure the water filtration and septic tank systems are serviced and working effectively.
● To liaise with service providers regarding sanitation requirements and bait stations.
● To ensure all safety protocols are implemented.
● To communicate all security related matters with the service provider.
● To manage keys and access control to the property.
● To perform routine maintenance inspections.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
● To oversee Health and Safety and ensure compliance.
● To conduct Health and Safety inspections
● To conduct regular evacuation drills, service fire extinguishers, and arrange first aid and fire training.
● To effectively lead a team of approximately 6 – 10 staff members (this includes junior administrator, cooks, cleaners, drivers and groundsman).
● To facilitate staff professional development through a consistent weekly observation and coaching cycle.
● To manage and support direct reports (i.e., teachers), including onboarding, managing performance and developing staff capability through mentoring and training.
● To liaise and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders (communities, staff, parents, service providers, donors, farm owners, NPO partners and government departments)
FLEET AND LOGISTICS COORDINATION
● To manage the fleet of vehicles, including licensing and maintenance.
● To follow-up on the weekly vehicle inspections done.
● To manage transport schedules for all activities and to coordinate the driving schedule.
● To check the vehicle log sheets and report any irresponsible or concerning driving behaviour/damage.
● To maintain a project culture that values strong character, positive relationship building, and a love for learning.
● To maintain a culture that is positive, welcoming, and inclusive of all staff, staff and learners to create a better learning experience for all.
Policy Information The Pebbles Project Trust has zero tolerance of child abuse. Protecting babies, children and young people from abuse and neglect is integral to the provision of services we deliver to these children and their families. It is a core responsibility for all Pebbles Project staff.